So life has been pretty serious lately (with wildfires and health care rulings and such) and the Facebook status updates and Tweets have been sobering too. Thought I'd revisit some funnier times and some of the updates my friends have posted that made me smile. Enjoy! (Again, identities have been removed to protect the hilariously innocent.)
1. "I always keep several Get Well cards on the mantle. That way, if unexpected guests arrive they will think I've been too sick to clean."
2. "Theology buffs, HELP!!! My eight year old wants to know if Adam had a belly button."
3. "In all seriousness, my daughter just asked me, 'Do these pants make my ring look good?'"
4. "I think my body image would be considerably improved if I lived in Buffalo and not in Southern California."
5. "Mom just complained about her tummy being fat. Dad suggested exercise. It was nice knowing him."
6. "T-shirt I saw at a swim meet recently said, 'Dear God, If I have only one day left to live, let me live it at a swim meet. Those things last forever.'"
7. "Don't grow up. It's a trap!!!"
8. "Who set the thermostat to 'hell?'
9. "'Wow I'm really enjoying this 100+ degree weather,' said no one, ever."
10. "When a stranger on an elevator pushes the buttons before my kids can, I fear for that person's life. Elevator buttons are sacred to children."
Carla Ritz. Proof positive that God uses cracked pots!