During the "preaching time," our youth pastor interviewed three of the high school students and asked them some very important questions that had some very important answers. I thought they were worth passing on:
1. "How do you want older adults to pray for your generation?"
- I want them to pray that we will make good decisions.
- I want them to pray that we will never become too contented in our spiritual lives, that we will always keep striving to know God more.
- I want them to pray that we won't give up the faith, when we are asked to stand out and be different, and when we feel like we are missing out on things because of our decision to live the Christian life.
2. "How can the older generations help your generation?"
- We watch you. Please be good examples.
- Please pray for us.
- Treat us with respect. Show us that you value us and what we have to offer.
- Encourage us when you see us on the right path.
- Expect more than one word or one sentence answers from us, especially when it comes to spiritual things. We have more to say, encourage us to do so.
- Live a Christian life that makes us want what you have, that encourages us to keep the faith.
Will do! Thanks, Image Youth Group!